Making a will
Seven tips for making a will:
- Know the assets that you can bequeath to your beneficiaries. For example property owned as joint tenants cannot be willed. Also your CPF monies cannot be willed and you have to make a nomination.
- Appoint an Executor who is capable responsible and trustworthy to carry out your wishes.
- Do not dabble in home made or self made Wills. Get professional advice. It is the most important document you will ever sign.
- Consider making Joint or Mutual Wills with your spouse.
- Make provision for beneficiaries who may predecease you.
- Consult your lawyer for estate planning and division.
- Make your Will when you are of sound mind and in good health.